Calling all articles and advertising bookings for Issue 3 2022
The focus for this issue is: Working with the Head and Neck. We will be looking at a range of topics related to this area - whiplash, concussion and traumatic brain injury, headaches, TMJD, safe practice, and more…
For this upcoming issue we are wanting content on these areas:
- "Spotlight on Students & New Grads"; Are you a massage therapy student or new graduate and keen share your experience in print? This can be a great way of connecting with other members across the country, engage in some self-publicity and it is also a fantastic way to promote the benefits of doing formal training in massage therapy and what it can lead to. Contact the editors to request the profile template document.
- "Who's Where": Have you changed location or set up a new practice - tell us about it in this section. Please send information with a picture of your premises.
- "Reviews" sections: Have you read a really good book on a massage therapy or some other relevant health-related topic? Found a new information resource or tool? Been on an excellent evidence-based course which you would like to share with others? Used a really great product recently? Would like to tell others about by writing a review?
To enquire about contributing to one the above-mentioned columns for this next issue, or if you are keen to write something on a topic related to the theme, or you have a topic you are interested in writing on in a future issue, please get in touch with the editorial team. The article guidelines and submission details are below.:
Rachel Ah Kit firstname.lastname@example.org
Odette Wood email@example.com
Requirements: please refer to our article guidelines. NB: With the exception of opinion-pieces and reviews, articles must be well supported with evidence including references
- Style: Academic style of writing where relevant (except opinion pieces and reviews) and include references in APA 6 or 7 format or Vancouver numbered format
- Word count: Featured Articles 1000-2000 words. Standard articles 250-1000 words (e.g., opinion pieces)
- Style: Academic style of writing where relevant (except opinion pieces and reviews) and include references in APA format (6th or 7th edition)
- Font: Arial 12 point
- Images: If using these, they need to be high quality images, at least 1MB in size, in jpg and gif format
- Format: Word document
- Indents: One tab to set indents and no double spacing after full stops
Article contributions, profiles and reports must be sent via email as a Word document file not as a PDF or as text in the body of an email. Please do not use Google Docs to send to us.
Accompanying images must be attached as separate files (jpg or gif). Please do not embed images in the article. Instead, include a place marker in the body of your document to indicate where each image should be inserted, e.g. INSERT IMAGE 1 HERE.
Deadline for articles and advertisement bookings: 1st October 2022
Find a Therapist: