COVID-19 Protection Framework Update
24 March 2022
Kia ora koutou,
After the recent government announcement, there is little change to how we practice between now and the 4th of April 2022.
- The COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 is still in place.
- Testing and isolation requirements unchanged
- Business settings remain the same:
- Close contact/proximity business (practitioner and client vaccine passes required)
- Designated premises - working with other practitioners who come under the Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001
- Continue with:
- Remain at home if you are symptomatic, advise clients to do the same
- COVID-19 screening as part of your client intake on their arrival
- Health and hygiene, cleaning, and sanitising protocols
- Room and/or clinic ventilation
- Face mask requirements
CHANGES from Friday 25th of March 2022, 11;59pm:
- QR Scanning in will no longer be required
- QR codes will no longer be mandatory
Massage New Zealand is represented within Allied Health Aotearoa New Zealand (AHANZ). This organisation works alongside other healthcare professions to meet with, promote allied health, and advise the Ministry of Health. This is a new relationship brokered by MNZ in 2021. As such, MNZ is not always able to immediately pre-empt all health-related scenarios that relate to MoH structures and systems, or answer questions that relate to our future profession obligations. We maintain our utmost commitment to have the most current information available.
We will send further information out before the 4th of April 2022 as changes are implemented. We will advise you about massage clinic risk assessment processes for ongoing practitioner and client safety.
Go well, stay safe.
Nga mihi nui,
Massage New Zealand Executive Committee.
Find a Therapist: