This Massage Hui is a chance to consolidate, recognise and advance on the efforts that have been put into the massage profession, and to ensure that voices from as diverse a group of stakeholders as possible are recorded.
Our post-hui document will summarise how the massage therapy profession has developed in New Zealand and how it functions now, and will show the value that massage therapy adds to its' users and the community. It will include the pre-hui information drawn from the Ministry of Health (MoH) research project, and it will summarise the outcomes or recommendations resulting from the hui.
Proudly supported by Massage New Zealand
Through MNZ's Allied Health Aotearoa New Zealand (AHANZ) membership, we have had a request from the Chief Allied Health Professions Officer, Martin Chadwick of the Ministry of Health, who has asked the allied health professions for information and data about their professions.
Where the massage therapy profession was concerned, there is no information held by the MoH and so a stakeholder hui was suggested, to help investigate the direction that the massage therapy profession in New Zealand should evolve. So, we took up the challenge - yes great idea, let's do it!
There's a lot of work to be done before the Hui in 2020!
It is a huge task, we're up for it and we need your help today!
Here are some ways you can help:
- Philanthropists, we would love to speak to anyone who is excited about the prospects for massage therapy through this opportunity, and willing to help us by way of funding.
- Collecting data and information on trends within our sector, to help build a picture of massage therapy in New Zealand. We have a list of types of data and information we are looking for, but our scope for this will depend on volunteer hours available.
- Adding to or reviewing our historical timeline (this will require some research and providing supporting evidence).
- Submitting academic studies that are valid, of high quality and worth using to support our arguments.
- People to assist with stakeholder engagement which may require creating lists of stakeholders, arranging stakeholder focus groups, designing and conducting surveys and collecting and analysing the data.
To apply to take part in this epic project visit Aotearoa New Zealand Massage Hui
Please email any questions or suggestions you have to Iselde de Boam & Sarah Rule at: email@example.com
Find a Therapist: