MNZ Conference 2018
21-23 September 2018
ASB Baypark Stadium
Pip Charlton and Roger Gooch offered to put together a conference in Tauranga to fill the void by the withdrawal of Dunedin. There will be a pre-conference on the Friday, full conference on Saturday and Sunday with the AGM on the Saturday afternoon. At such short notice it has only been possible to put one stream together for the two-day conference but there is plenty to entice everyone.
- Roger Gooch - Common Pathologies of the Hip Region (including post-operative labrum repair surgery treatment especially looking at the female population and hands on techniques for treatment of proximal Hamstring injuries.
- Joe Rowley - Analysing functional movement (learning the principles of applied biomechanics and motor control theory and how to utilise them to analyse functional movement in a clinical setting)
- Dr Deb Robinson - Sports Medicine Update for Massage Therapists
- Shaun McCann - Foot Mobilisation Therapy
- Roger Gooch - Post-Operative Frozen Shoulder Treatment (including soft tissue treatment for this condition, mobilisation techniques for the scapular and common trigger point referrals involving the shoulder)
- John Fletcher - Mindfulness for Massage Therapists
- Dr Melanie Johns - Is Professional Supervision relevant to the Massage profession?
- Joe Rowley - Enhancing functional movement (emphasis on how assessment findings can be utilised to improve client function and how movement variables can be manipulated to individualise therapeutic exercise and manual therapy techniques)
Find a Therapist: